Book Reports and Glory Holes

I read pretty much anything, but genre fiction is my great love in life.

Rincewind is my spirit animal, which says it all really.

Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) - Brandon Sanderson OH MY GOSH this book is so good! It's YA so there are some predictable plot twists, but Sanderson twisted the twists into some interesting things that I really didn't see coming. What happened with Megan and Prof. was great plot twisting goodness. Things I loved:*Actual trigger discipline! David really knows his guns; and shows that you don’t just go off shooting willy-nilly. It also showed that thinking through on how to use a gun can make all the difference. I know that guns/gun laws are a big political talking point in America right now and I thought the way Sanderson handled using guns in a realistic and responsible way was very true to life. I also liked the fact that David felt bad when he shot people, it wasn't just senseless violence. *The romantic subplot! David liked Megan because of her mind and her interests, the fact that he found her attractive was just icing on the cake. Plus he actually talked about how he respected her, even when she disagreed or made fun of him. It was really nice to see that, especially in YA because it was an actual normal relationship without stalking or slut-shaming (shame that things didn’t quite work out)I still want to know what actually caused the Calamity, but I guess that’s what the sequel is for. The only problem is that I don’t know if I can wait that long!

The Legend of Eli Monpress