Book Reports and Glory Holes

I read pretty much anything, but genre fiction is my great love in life.

Rincewind is my spirit animal, which says it all really.

Strange Attractors - Charles Soule, Dan Duncan I really enjoyed this graphic novel, even though I’m no mathematician and have never heard of “complexity theory” (though I have heard about chaos theory!) The world created by the author is one where the greatest city in the world is constantly teetering on the brink of disaster and only an old math professor knows how to fix it – by doing things like putting ice cream cones on the lawn of central park and moving news stands around so that nothing is ever in the same place. The story was entirely plausible; after all didn’t a stats guy pretty much predict how the last US presidential election went down months before we even knew who was going to get the Republican nomination? The book really made is seem like humanity is not a special snowflake, we’re an equation and if someone is smart enough to crack it they’ve got us figured out as a science. You can then use this science for good or evil, or to save New York City from itself. The only thing I didn’t like about the book was the artwork. I found it used way too many shadows and dark lines to be enjoyable, but then again I hated the artwork from [b:The Watchmen|828695|The Watchmen|John Altman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1309206916s/828695.jpg|24695] so it’s probably just me. *Disclaimer: I received an e-ARC of this graphic novel from netGalley*

The Legend of Eli Monpress