Book Reports and Glory Holes

I read pretty much anything, but genre fiction is my great love in life.

Rincewind is my spirit animal, which says it all really.

Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys: Magical Two-in-One Reversible Projects - Susan B. Anderson I’ve never read a Susan B. Anderson book, but I’ve seen her patterns online and always thought they looked cute. This book takes that cuteness to a whole new level. She has 11 patterns for adorable tiny knitted children’s toys and I kinda want to knit all of them. But I do have a 4 month old at home, so I know it’s not gonna happen. But even if I’m not knitting the patterns in this book it’d be great to have just as a reference because it has awesomely photographed instructions for things like grafting, picking up stitches, and the duplicate stitch. Some of the patterns I really loved in the book were the Chrysalis to Monarch - fun and educational, Flower Fairy in a Tulip - cute fairy with a tulip dress, and Snowman and Tree - the way to make the tree is just so clever. My absolute favorite pattern and pretty much the reason I will buy this book is the Top-down Seamless Petticoat Dolls pattern. The toy she mentions in the intro (red-riding-hood to grandma to wolf) I had when I was a kid and I LOVED that doll so much, and this is a great knitted take on it. Plus, it’s super customizable so you can make one that looks like you and your daughter, or her best friends, grandmas, whatever. Best pattern in the book in my opinion. Now I just have to figure out how to carve out knitting time… *Disclaimer* I received a free ARC of the book from NetGalley.

The Legend of Eli Monpress